Find a therapist or supervisor
Our easy to use search engine helps you to find a Gestalt practitioner for all your therapy and counselling needs, in addition to helping you find a supervisor to support your training to become a practitioner.
UKAGP feel it is very important that people make the right choice of Therapist or Counsellor.
The very personal nature of the issues you may bring means you need to be comfortable with the person you meet, and as a result many therapists and counsellors offer initial phone calls and sessions to enable you both to make the best choice.
Our directory will enable you to gain a brief insight from which you can begin your initial contact.
Therapists and Counsellors
All UKAGP full member Therapists and Counsellors have undergone extensive training, and are accredited or registered practitioners working in private practice and a variety of voluntary and NHS settings.
Supervisors will have qualified as a Therapist or Counsellor, and gain extensive experience before undertaking additional training to become Supervisors.
Therapists and Counsellors in training are also able to meet clients once they have achieved the required level of experience.
Trainees are required to undergo an in-depth programme for between 3 to 5 years, possibly longer, and are often able to meet with clients after and/or during their 2nd/3rd year of training.
List of Accrediting Organisations for Therapists and Counsellors listed in the Directory (N.B. – doesn’t apply to trainee members):
- British Psychological Society (BPS)
- European Association for Gestalt Therapy (EAGT)
- The United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- United Kingdom Association for Humanistic Practitioners (UKAHPP)
- Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA)
- United Kingdom Association for Psychotherapeutic Counselling (UKAPC)