Benefits of all Membership Categories
- Be part of an active, thoughtful and friendly community of gestalt practitioners
- Get discounted admission to all UKAGP events
- Receive a bi-monthly e-newsletter featuring the latest news and events in the Gestalt community
- Free advertising / promotion of your gestalt-related events via the UKAGP newsletter and social media
- Share your thoughts, views and experiences in our community blog.
- Official representation within EAGT and the international gestalt community
Individual membership category benefits are listed below:
Full members are able to create their own professional profile searchable by location on the UKAGP website. It is the membership level suitable for gestalt practictioners who are fully qualified and actively practicing in the field.
To be a full member you need to be an accredited member of one of the following bodies:
- European Association for Gestalt Therapy (EAGT).
- The United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- United Kingdom Association for Humanistic Practitioners (UKAHPP)
- Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA)
- United Kingdom Association for Psychotherapeutic Counselling (UKAPC)
- The British Psychological Society
- Irish Association of Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy
To join UKAGP as a full member you will need to send of proof of accreditation as well as your up-to-date insurance documentation.
Associate membership is designed for people who are Gestalt practitioners but who are not currently accredited by one of the professional bodies mentioned above. It’s the perfect membership level for:
- Newly qualified practitioners / ex-trainee members who are still working towards accreditation and are not eligible for full member status.
- Gestalt practitioners who don’t wish to be a member of a professional body, but still want to benefit from being part of the UKAGP community.
- Retired Gestalt practitioners who want to stay active in the community.
Trainee membership is suitable for UK based counselling / psychotherapy trainees who are interested in Gestalt as a modality and would benefit from regualar updates about workshops, CPD events, membership discounts and access to a wide network of like-minded trainees.
NB – many full-time / part-time Students registered for long term training at one of the institutions listed below will have their membership sponsored by their institution, and don’t need to purchase an individual membership. If you’re not sure if you’re eligable for a sponsored place, please email email@example.com.
- The Gestalt Centre
- The Albany Centre
Friends of UKAGP membership
Friend membership is suitable for anyone who is interested in Gestalt theory or practice but is not a Gestalt practitioner, and has no plan to be!
This could include:
- Allied health professionals – social workers, psychologists, doctors, life coaches, etc
- Therapists and counsellors working in other modalities
- Gestalt therapy clients
- Counselling / psychotherapy trainers and educational professionals
- Anyone who is interested in Gestalt as an approach or a way of life!