Advanced Post-Qualifying Diploma In Gestalt Adolescent Psychotherapy
Blackfort Adolescent Gestalt Institute
The aim of this two-year in-depth training programme is to explore and appreciate the complexity of adolescent process and to support counsellors/therapists in developing deeper levels of competency in their work with adolescents who are experiencing psychological and developmental difficulties.
The training will address adolescent development and psychotherapy from a Gestalt Relational perspective. There will be a particular focus on the impact of trauma in adolescence as students understand the adolescent’s development as creative adjustment in context and track the interactive evolution of the adolescent’s contact repertoire and the relational field of which the adolescent is a part.
Themes for the training will include:
• The nature of adolescent development, including transformation of the adolescent’s relationship with him/herself, the social world & parents
• Understanding clinical symptoms as developmental field phenomena.
• Utilising a field approach for designing clinical interventions
• The critical role of shame in the clinical situation
• The pragmatics of engaging the adolescent and parents in therapy
Course Duration: Two Years: September 2016 – June 2018 (8 weekends per year)
Course Director: Bronagh Starrs MIAHIP
Course Consultant & Senior Faculty: Mark McConville Ph.D.
Venue: Dundalk, Ireland (40 minutes from Dublin International Airport)
For detailed course description & application forms please email [email protected]