Benefits of Membership
- Be part of an active, thoughtful and friendly community of gestalt practitioners
- Reduced rates for UKAGP conferences & CPD events
- *New* Access to the UKAGP Community email forum for continued dialogue and connection between members
- A website profile (members only)
- Automatic subscription to the rapidly expanding quarterly UKAGP Newsletter
- Free advertising for members’ workshops or other activities
In addition, members and trainee members may benefit from:
- A simplified, swift process to gain joint membership of UKAGP and EAGT.
Individuals who have completed a core Gestalt Training that is recognised in the UK and are accredited by one of the following bodies:
- European Association for Gestalt Therapy (EAGT).
- The United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- United Kingdom Association for Humanistic Practitioners (UKAHPP)
- Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA)
- United Kingdom Association for Psychotherapeutic Counselling (UKAPC)
- The British Psychological Society
- Irish Association of Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy
Associate membership is designed for people who are Gestalt practitioners but who are not currently accredited by one of the professional bodies mentioned above. It’s the perfect membership level for:
- Newly qualified practitioners / ex-trainee members who are working towards accreditation
- International Gestalt practitioners
- Non-Gestalt practitioners
- Retired Gestalt practitioners who want to stay active in the community
Trainee membership is suitable for UK based counselling / psychotherapy trainees who are interested in Gestalt as a modality and would benefit from regualar updates about workshops, CPD events, membership discounts and access to a wide network of like-minded trainees.
NB – many full-time / part-time Students registered for long term training at one of the institutions listed below will have their membership sponsored by their institution, and don’t need to purchase an individual membership.
- The Gestalt Centre
Friend of UKAGP
Friend membership is suitable for anyone who is interested in Gestalt theory or practice but is not a Gestalt practitioner. This may include:
- Allied health professionals – social workers, psychologists, doctors, life coaches, etc.
- Counselling / psychotherapy trainers and educational professionals
- Anyone who is interested in Gestalt as an approach or a way of life!