Shame in the Therapeutic Relationship
With Chris O’Malley
Saturday 20th June and Sunday 21st June, 10am – 5pm.
*SPECIAL OFFER* For the first six people to sign up to the course – £160
*SPECIAL OFFER* Book all three courses for £400
In our workshop we will help deconstruct shame from a gestalt perspective, providing:
- An introduction to a gestalt understanding of shame from a field theoretical and developmental perspective
- An exploration of the concept of Support for its particular relevance to working with shame
- A focus on recognising manifestations of shame, shame defences in ourselves and our clients
- Approaches to work effectively and skilfully with shame as it arises in the therapeutic relationship so that it can become part of the dialogue and not a hidden aspect
- A ‘Shame Practicum’ giving opportunities to bring forward shame issues as they may be occurring for attendees in the client and supervisory relationships
For more information, please see the workshop flyer here.